Piste to Peak Volume #2
Spring Skiing – The Lost Art of Slushy Bumps, Icy Bumps & Everything In Between.
- Ideal for Intermediate to expert level skiers who want to understand how to adjust their technique and tactics for moguls and off piste terrain.
- Contains everything you need to know to ski bumps and ugly off-piste snow conditions like a rock star… all crammed into 115 minutes of instructional video.
Meet the Coach
Tobin Leopkey took his first ski instructor course in 1992 at the age of 16. Now at the slightly creakier age of 41 he is still passionate about teaching people to slide down a snowy hill. He is a Canadian Ski Instructor’s Alliance certified a Level 4 instructor and former member of the CSIA High Performance Team. Having taught at many resorts along the way, Tobin is currently owner and head coach of Section 8 Snowsport Institute, where he runs ski instructor courses, mountain leadership programs and all mountain ski technique camps around the world.
What’s different about Piste to Peak 2?
P2P2 builds on the technical basics from Volume #1 and explains how to adjust your skill set for bumps and off piste terrain in a variety of conditions. In addition to developing an understanding of how to adapt technique, a number of drills and exercises are given to build these moves into your skiing. As half the battle in bumps is knowing when and where to turn, P2P2 finishes off with the all important chapter on tactics. Many folks become intimidated when the going gets rough… but P2P2 will teach you how to take advantage of the terrain!
P2P2 is meant to be consumed in bite sized chunks. We’ve crammed in a lot of info… so for best results we recommend enjoying one chapter at a time, working on some of the concepts learned before moving onto the next. There’s a whole season’s worth of things to experiment with.
How can I improve my ski technique?
- First, determine your goal for a particular piece of terrain… make it attainable.
- Blend each of the skiing ‘skills’ appropriately to achieve the desired result.
- Didn’t achieve goal? Time to troubleshoot…
- Experiment with different tactics and analyse results.
- Devise a training strategy to develop any weak skills.
- Goal Achieved? Time to step up the challenge level!
A ski technique video can’t possibly be as good as real live student centered teaching… right?
Maybe not… but with all the great information we’ve crammed in, Piste to Peak Volume #2 is a pretty good alternative. It is designed to help you better understand ski technique and give you cues to monitor your own progress.
By the way, we do coaching in real life as well… contact us!
Is Piste to Peak 2 worth paying for?
Well, to put it into perspective, one day of private lessons at a fancy resort costs about $600… that’s $4,200 + tax + tip for a week… then you have to buy your instructor expensive draught beer at apres!
This video is $28 CAD (that’s like $21USD)… and there’s no tip required;) so we think it’s pretty good value. But what the heck… If you really don’t like it, we’ll give you your money back.